Powered By Blogger

Sunday 24 July 2011

Time rolls by .....

Well its over a week since my last blog - the days are rolling on.
This last chemo really did knock the wind out of me and I have just been so tired this last week - so have been taking it easy.
I am so thankful to be on the farm - the weather has been beautiful and it is so good for the soul to be here in the peace and tranquility.

B and the girls went off to a farm show last weekend - sadly I stayed home as my cell count was low and mixing with the throngs of people and animals probably wouldn't have done me any good. Aside from the fact that I seriously wouldn't have been able to walk around for more than half an hour I'm sure.
I was wondering what they would come home with - thankfully it wasn't anything with feathers or 4 legs!!!
In fact they came home with a nutcracker haha - so although we still have to feed that nuts in a way - it won't bleat if its hungry!!!

The week has gone quickly - I have had a few friendly visits which is always lovely - Miss A and Barbs did their weekly trip to the shops for a top up of bits and pieces. Such a blessing for me!!
 I haven't been great company with my tiredness but always nice to see a friendly face.
I have my lovely friend from Melbourne here with me this weekend - what a treat - she wanted to come and give us some TLC and it has been so wonderful having her here with us.
Her hubbie very kindly took a couple of days off work to look after their children so J could fly up to me!!
The girls have just so enjoyed all the extra cuddles and attention - Miss C and J are sitting on the verhanda as I type this - they are having a great time painting.
I am relaxing on my bed.
 J is giving Miss C an art class all of her own - what a treat!!
I don't think they will want her to leave!!

B is out doing farmer bits - making herb planters etc. We bought some shrubs yesterday and B and J planted them as I supervised hehe - there is something wonderful about planting new life in the garden. So lovely to look at and watch grow.
I can hardly believe that this Thursday I am back for another chemo - I am really hoping that this one goes better than the last one .
They are going to give me more drugs before starting this time in a hope that it prevents a reoccurence of the reaction.
Praying hard it works - at least after this one I can be saying only 1 more chemo to go!!
I am afraid that I am already getting a bit tired of wearing headscarves - and it will be many months before I have hair again.
I hadn't been very keen to get a wig before but who knows perhaps I may look into it after all. At least then when you go out - you are not sharing your struggle with all you meet!

So the sun is shining again - I must admit this is a wonderful way to go through winter.

A friend shared this quote which I thought was beautiful

To love and be loved is to feel the sun shining from both sides!!

I hope you feel the sun on you wherever you are too .......

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you Debs as you go into this week and on Thursday. We all have wigs you can use from our Colour expedition if you want! :) Maybe not the bright purple ones though.....
    Love Treens xxx
    P.S. Your room with a view is STUNNING!! Love the rainbox :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be thinking of you on Thursday my friend and I hope your day runs smoother.
    Rest up over these new few days and draw all your strength from your surroundings, hope the sun keeps shinning for you, love u x

    ReplyDelete
  3. sending you lots of love Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well darling daughter , you are doing so well considering what you have had to endure , proud of you . as you say each day brings you closer to the end of this treatment . Try to stay positive and we are thinking of you every day . Our prayers are with you daily . The Lord is always at hand to encourage and life you up . This life in these decaying bodies with all its struggles make us into the people fit for eternity with our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ . God bless for now . Hope to see you sooner than later . Dad XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    ReplyDelete