Powered By Blogger

Friday 7 October 2011

After the rain .....



Well it has been a rather interesting day today.
The sun is shining in more ways than one.
I did my usual trip to radiotherapy this morning after dropping the girls off - I was sitting having a coffee afterwards at a nearby bakery when I was approached by a trendy young mum holding her young daughter in her arms.
She asked me if I was having chemo - I am still wearing a headscarf even although there are beginnings of hair it is VERY sparse!
Before long we were chatting away - she had been through treatment last year while she was pregnant and just wanted to encourage me and let me know about a group that she went to and invited me to come along.
How amazing is that - that after my low ebb yesterday an absolute stranger should approach me with encouragement.
A coincidence !!! I don't think so.
I had been thinking about connecting in with some other women going through this journey but hadn't really done anything in the physical.
I have connected in in the cyber world but you know there is nothing like human contact!!!
I was just saying to mum that in a world that is so involved with cyber technology we often miss out on that face to face interaction. I know myself that sending a text is usually the first port of call rather than picking up the phone and speaking etc.
I have also however received a lot of encouragement across cyberspace and I am very appreciative of that too of course!!
Anyway I am now going to brave it and visit one of the coffee mornings and see how it goes!!


I did have a number of lovely messages last night and this morning - thank you.
One of my lovely overseas friends sent me a wonderful email and in it she had written the words of this song


 After the Rain - Aaron Jeoffrey lyrics are:
I cover my heart
Turn from the wind
Button my coat
Here comes the storm again
What can I do but to trust in Him

'Cause I know the deeper my faith runs
The stronger I become
And the thunder, it may shake me
But I always know that¡¦

CHORUS:
After the rain
You can look to the sky again
The clouds will give way
To the light of the sun
After the rain
You know that you've made it through
And you'll finally see the joy from the pain
After the rain

Everyone needs
Everyone hurts
Everyone feels
The weight of the world sometimes
But don't let the wind sweep your heart away

'Cause even the roughest waters cleanse
So when they come again
Let them serve as a reminder
You can always know that¡¦



Chorus ;
Can't you see the hand of Jesus 
Reaching out for you
You never have to face the storm alone.


If you would like to hear it please click the link below
www.youtube.com/watch?v=W717Cra83qg&feature=related


How wonderful are those words - they really touched me.
This same friend had posted me this wall sticker which I have put onto a canvas !!
As she said though , the rain always stops and the sun does come out again.


Thank you all near and far for helping me see the sun !!!!!




And for a bit of a giggle my dad just sent me this ....




=================== 
YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2011 when...

1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave..

2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.

3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3...

4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you...

5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses ..

6. You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if anyone is home to help you carry in the groceries..

7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen.

8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.

10. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.

11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. :)

12. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.

13. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.

14. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.

15. You actually scrolled backup to check that there wasn't a #9 on this list.

AND NOW U R LAUGHING AT YOURSELF

Go on, forward this to your friends. You know you want to.




2 comments:

  1. Where do we go from here ? Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another thing is when you have grown up daughters and they use their phone from their bedroom to speak to you rather than come down stairs and speak! OH Yes this happens

    ReplyDelete